MacKeeper is an antivirus software from 2013 which have had some controversial behavior. We are going to see how to uninstall Mackeeper from MAC and also to claim a refund.
Usually software is very easy to delete on a MAC but antivirus are special. They are protected to avoid being attacked by virus.
There are the steps to do on your macbook air or another mac model:
- Open Applications folder.
- Drag MacKeeper app icon to the Trash.
- Enter password of your admin user.
- Confirm to uninstall all components.
- Select Uninstall MacKeeper.
- Select Go > Go to Folder from Finder.
- Enter ~/Library/Application Support.
- Find NoticeEngine.plugin file and drag it to the Trash.
- Restart your device and you have finished.
Claim for a refund
If you downloaded mackeeper antivirus then you are eligible for a refund only if you are in US. Go to his page and claim your refund.