How to delete history in mozilla firefox
In this guide we will show you how to delete the history in mozilla firefox.
One of the most efficient features of your web browser, is that it stores information as you are browsing the net.
This information includes cookies, cache, downloads and browsing data. Sometimes, it’s a good idea to erase your history after your web surfing session. This is to ensure to protect the privacy of your viewed content.
It is most useful when you’re using a public computer. It is also useful if you want to hide something from your spouse, kids, or parents in a shared computer.
how to REMOVE RECENT BROWSING HISTORY from mozilla firefox
Mozilla history includes a site by site list of the most recent web pages you have visited. It appears in the “History” and “Library” menus. You can also find it in the Location Bar Autocomplete address list.
Let’s see how to do it:
- First click the “menu” and then click on History. Next step will be selecting the option Clear Recent History.
- A dropdown menu will appear (see next image for a sample). From all the options you will have to select the time range. This will tell Firefox from where to remove the data.
Next step is to click the arrow next to Details. This will select what kind of information will get cleared from the existing.
To delete browsing data, check the box “browsing and download history”. This will also include what you have recently downloaded onto your PC. This is automatically recorded and saved in your Firefox Browser.
However, it is important to say that choosing this option will not delete the downloaded items from your PC just the temporary files created in the browser. As you can see in the following screen capture, you can also remove cookies and also clear browsing cache.
Finally, click the button Clear Now . That will close the windows. Selected items will be removed.
¿IS IT POSSIBLE DO IT AUTOMATICALLY?
Answer is yes, you can tell Mozilla Firefox to clear your history on exit. This will protect your privacy. Nothing will be stored during your browsing sessions. Your activity will be forgotten by the browser.
Click on the menu. Go then to the the Privacy panel. Move your mouse on the History section. (You can see it in the following image).
- Set the text “Firefox will:” to the following option “Use custom settings for history.”
- Check the option “Clear history when Firefox closes”. It will be at the bottom of the dialogue box.
- Select “Settings” (next to “clear history when Firefox closes”).
- Check the items that you want to have cleared automatically each time you quit Firefox. (In this case, acoording to the screen capture provided, you would choose only Browsing History and deselect all the other options).
- Then click OK to go back to your previous window.
- Finally click on OK again.
I JUST WANT TO REMOVE A WEB NOT THE ENTIRE HISTORY
- Click the menu to start. Then choose History and then click the Show All History link. It is located at the bottom of the list.
- In the top right hand corner, there is a space to write the website to be removed, Type in the keyword for the website you wish and finally press Enter.
- Select the site you want to clear clicking the link in the search results.
- Click on the option “Forget About This Site.”
Close the Library window.
Guide is over. Hope these guides will be helpful.