First and before I start I would like to clarify the difference between deactivating a Facebook account and eliminating a Facebook account
If you deactivate the facebook account:
- You can activate it again when you want.
- People will not be able to see your biography or search for you.
- Some information may still be seen (for example, the messages you send).
If you decide to delete the Facebook account:
- Once it has been deleted you can not recover access.
- We delay the elimination until a few days after having requested it. The removal request is canceled if you re-login to your Facebook account during this time.
- It may take up to 90 days to delete the data stored in backup systems. During this time, you can not access your information on Facebook.
- There are actions that are not stored in your account. For example, one of your friends may have messages from you after the deletion.
- It is possible that copies of some materials (for example, records) remain in our database but dissociate from personal identifiers.
How to deactivate my Facebook account
You can deactivate your account temporarily and return whenever you want.
To deactivate your account:
- Click on the menu at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Select Settings
- Click on General, in the left column.
- Select Manage your account and follow the steps indicated to confirm the action.
- If you deactivate your account, the profile will no longer be visible to the rest of the people on Facebook and will not be able to search for you on the platform. However, certain information, such as messages you have sent to friends, may still be visible.
If after you have deactivated your account you decide to return to Facebook, at any time you can log in with your email address and your password to activate your account again. Please note that if you use your Facebook account to log in to Facebook or another site, the account will be reactivated. In this way, your Facebook profile, including things like your friends, your photos and your posts, will be completely restored. Remember that you must have access to the email address you use to log in if you want to reactivate your account.
How to permanently delete my Facebook account
If you think you will not use your account again or you are determined to delete your Facebook account permanently, it is advisable before taking this step to download a copy of your information, once you have done that, you can access the deletion of your account.
When you delete your account, users will not be able to see it on Facebook. It may take up to 90 days from the beginning of the process to remove everything you have posted, such as your photos, status updates or other data stored on backup systems. While we are deleting this information, other Facebook users will not be able to access it.
Some of the actions you perform on Facebook are not stored in your account. For example, a friend can still have messages from you even after you delete your account. This information is not deleted when you delete the account.
We can also eliminate the account of a friend or family member with medical disability, to do so you must do the following: