Google+ profile is the social network of Google for a personal or business account.
If you want to delete your google plus page account completely but without deleting gmail and all it's contents, messages, photos, etc just follow these steps.
- These guide works for any device.
- Go to http://plus.google.com/downgrade
- Sign in to your google account associated with your google+ page profile.
- After deleting it, review all the data and make sure it is the profile you want to be deleted.
- Posts, +1s, comments, circles and collections will be deleted.
- Photos and contacts will not be deleted.
- Reviews will be hidden.
- You will have confirm that you want to delete your profile checking required Box. Before proceeding be aware that this deletion is permanent. Your profile can't be recovered.
- Finally, click on Delete to delete your Google+ profile account.
- In some days all the information will disappear.
As you can see, there is no mention here at your gmail account. This is because we are only deleting one google service, google plus, all the other google services including gmail are still alive.
Restore a deleted Google+ profile
Deleting your Google+ profile is permanent. It cannot be recovered. You will have to create a new google+ profile.