If you want to ✅close your paypal account✅permanently and shut down you have to follow a very simple process.
But there are some restrictions: there can't be any balance in the account or any unresolved issue.
There have been more than a few people who have asked me questions pertaining to deleting their PayPal.
Well, to answer the first question, if you decide to shut down and delete your PayPal accounts for whatever reason, you can still reopen your previous account.
However, in answering the second question, if you clear your PayPal accounts, you will be unable to retrieve your transaction history.
So, while you may have a genuine reason for deleting you need to note that you can risk losing your entire transaction history in the process. To resolve this problem, you could screenshot relevant transaction details from future reference.
In this article, you will learn how to close your PayPal account for both "Personal" and "Business" accounts.
In addition, this article will mention some reasons why shutdown and deleting a may be necessary.
How to delete Your Personal PayPal Account
A personal PayPal account is one opened and operated by a single individual. This account can be used to receive and transfer funds.
However, PayPal usually limits the amount of funds that can be transferred and received on a personal account at any given time.
To cancel this account, simply follow the steps below;
- Step #1: Login to your ✅personal PayPal account.
- Step #2: In close proximity to the "Log Out" icon there is a "Settings" drop-down menu, click on this menu.
- Step #3: You will then see a section labelled "Account Options", scroll and Click Close Account option button.
Note: It is possible that you are requested to provide details of your local bank account in order to have your PayPal balance transferred to your bank account.
If so, fill out the portions provided before clicking the "Close Account" button. (In most instances you may not be able to delete your PayPal account without first sorting out your PayPal balance).
How to Delete Your Business PayPal Account
If you open a business PayPal account to manage financial transactions for your organization, you can also close the account if you want.
To do so, follow the instructions below;
- Step #1: The first thing you need to do is to login to your business PayPal account.
- Step #2: There is a "Profile" button that can be located close to the "Log Out" button, click o this button.
- Step #3: Next click the button labelled "Profile and Settings".
- Step #4: An "Account Settings" button will be revealed, click on this button.
- Step #5: When you get on the "Account Settings" landing page, there is a "Close Account" button located at the top of the page and beside the "Account Type" section.
- Step #6: To delete your business PayPal account, click on the button labelled "Close Account".
Some Reasons Why You May Need to Close Your PayPal Accounts
- A compromised: If your account has been hacked into, it may become pertinent to close your account for security reasons.
- A personal decision due to an alternative option: You may also take the decision of deleting your accounts if you have found a better, less expensive or cheaper online payment portal.
- A shutdown business: If your business has shut down operations, you may no longer need to have a business account, so deleting this account makes a whole lot of sense.
- A change of email address: Deleting your account only to reopen a new one using an email address that is different from the one used to open your previous account is another reason why people cancel their PayPal accounts.
In closing, you should only clear your PayPal account using either your personal computer or laptop. You would not be able to cancel PayPal accounts using your mobile device so take note.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Close Paypal Accounts
Steps to close PayPal accounts permanently:
- Log in to your PayPal account. (You can not delete your paypal account without logging in).
- Click on Profile
- Click on My settings.
- In Account type section click on Close Account.
- Follow the instructions to confirm deletion.
What if I have limited access?
Read the next section and contact customer service.
Your paypal account cannot be reactivated in any way, you will have to create a new one.
Can't Close paypal accounts?
If you can't close your account you have to check the following link: https://www.paypal.com/hr/selfhelp/contact/email/t_s it links to email customer service.
Then choose close account topic and follow paypal instructions.
Can you Delete a Paypal Account Without logging in ?
If you can't log in you have two options:
- Contact with Paypal customer service.
- Create a new account with new data: new email address and new bank account.
How to Clear Paypal Accounts with Limited access
If you have limited access to your account you will not be able to close it. Again, you will have to create a new one or ask PayPal customer service for a reset of your password.
How to deactivate?
You can't deactivate it right now.
How to reOpen new Paypal Accounts and login
To reopen new paypal accounts you will have to fill the required data in the Create Account option, fill login data and log in.
how to remove card from paypal
To remove your card, a credit card or a debit card just follow these steps:
- Ensure you are logged in your account
- Then, Click on Wallet
- Click on the card to remove
- Now, click on Remove card.
How to delete paypal history
You can't clear your history. The only option to erase your activity is to close your account.
how to remove bank account from paypal
You can remove your bank account with these actions:
- Ensure you are logged in your account
- Go to Settings
- Click on Banks and cards
- Then, Click on the bank to remove it
- Click again on Remove
Can I remove paypal from ebay
Yes, you can unlink your paypal and ebay. These are the steps:
- First, click on My Ebay
- Then Go to account tab
- Click on Paypal Account
- Now, Click on remove and confirm the action.
how to remove phone number from paypal
- Log in your profile.
- Click on Settings
- Now on Personal info
- Click on phone numbers
- Select the phone number to remove
- Go down on the page and Click on Remove
how to delete primary address on paypal
- Log in your account
- Go to settings
- Click on manage all addresses
- To remove your primary address select and click on Remove