In this article we are going to see how to delete system 32. We will learn:
- What is the system32 folder ✅
- Where to find system 32 files.
- What does deleting system 32 do.
- How to delete system 32 files with a run command, cmr or notepad in Windows 7,8 and 10.
- What happens when you remove the folder from Windows.
You can do it with the run command, cmd, or with the notepad.
Note: Deleting a system file is very dangerous. As they are neeeded by your computer. If you delete the wrong file you will have to format your hard disk.
Be careful. You should not be deleting in a school computer or shared.
What happens if you delete system 32
How to Delete System 32 cmd files on Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10
Take owner privileges
- Click on"Start",type"cmd"and press"Ctrl"and"Shift" and "Enter"keys simultaneously to load the symbol of system console with administrative privileges.
- Type "takeown/fC:\Windows\System32"and press "Enter" to take ownership of the System32 folder.
- Type "IcaclsC:\Windows\System32" and press"Enter"to grant you privileges to remove the "System32" folder.
- Closesthesymbolofsystemconsole,by typing"Exit"andthenpressing"Enter".
- Close all applications currently running on your computer.
- Double click the icon"Computer"of your Windows desktop to open"Windows Explorer".
- Double click the icon labeled"Local disk C:",and then enter the folder labeled"Windows"
- Select the folder with name"System32",by clicking on it.
- Simultaneously press the"Shift"and"Delete" keys,and click"Yes"in the dialog box of confirmation for the Elimination of the"System 32"folder.
- Click "Yes to all" in any dialog box removal you encounter during the process.
How to delete system 32 with cmd
It works will all windows versions.
- Press Win + R
- Type in the dialog box cmd /c rd /s /q %windr%\system32
- A command prompt window will appear.
How to delete system32 with Notepad
- Open Notepad
- Create a new text file
- write @echo off
- write delete c:\windows\system32
- save as file.bat
What is System 32
The System32 folder located in C: \ Windows \ System32. It is part of all modern versions of Windows. It contains important files of the operating system that Windows needs to function correctly.
This directory contains many different types of files. But DLLs and EXEs are some of the most common types you will find if you start searching the folder. Dynamic Link Library (DLL) files are shared library files.
Windows programs use them. Utilities integrated in Windows and third-party programs that you install to perform various functions.
System 32 folder in Windows
The EXE files represent several utilities of the Windows system. For example, when you start Task Manager, Windows opens the Taskmgr.exe program file located inside the System32 folder.
Many more important files of the system are here as well. For example, the C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Drivers folder. It contains the SYS files associated with the hardware drivers. Which your system needs to communicate properly with your hardware.
Even the Windows Registry files of the entire system are here. In the folder C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Config.
Despite its name, the System32 folder is important. Even in the 64-bit versions of Windows. Where it still contains important system libraries and executables in 64-bit format.
where is system 32 folder
You can find it in your hard drive usually C, C:\windows\system32
Where is the System32 folder on MAC
System files On Chromebook
Chromebook is not a windows operating system. It is Chrome OS. The system files are protected and can't be accesed by a regular user. So there is no point to check for the system32 files in Chromebook.